World Class Leadership Development
The world needs better leaders. We need them in our community and in yours.
There seems to be a big misconception, however, around what it means to be a leader. So often the world tries to convince us that leadership is about money, title, influence, and power. The truth is while titles and influence may be helpful, they are just tools. They may make you a better leader, but they will never make you a leader.
Leadership Niagara is changing the way leadership is viewed and practiced in Western New York. We are looking for people with the right motivation who want to grow, learn, and change something for the better.
If this sounds like you or the leader you'd like to be, then we encourage you to apply now for Leadership Niagara's Class of 2019 and join our next cohort of 40-50 leaders.
Thank you to the hundreds of the individuals and organizations, industry experts, and leadership professionals who have contributed to growth and success of Leadership Niagara and who have helped us become a nationally recognized model for excellence and innovation.
- 2019 Tuition- $3,200.00
- Eleven monthly day sessions from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Two overnight retreats in January and June (conclude by noon on second day)
- Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Personal Leadership Development Plan
Leaders will receive a practical understanding of what leadership is and what it is not, build a strong peer learning network, and gain knowledge of issues that impact our communities. Sessions will focus on self awareness, behavioral assessments (MBTI), teamwork and collaboration, change and transformation, creativity and innovation, and other leadership competencies.
IMPACT ON THE INDIVIDUAL
- Enhance your leadership capacity and improve your personal performance
- Gain in-depth understanding of issues and industries impacting our economy
- Nurture leadership competencies and capacity
- Provide personal support system to individuals/professionals
- Build lifelong relationships in network of past, present and future leaders in Western New York
IMPACT ON THE ORGANIZATION:
- Develop talent who will drive results through your organization
- Invest in people who will be ready to take your organization to the next level
- Prepare executives in your company to lead in complex and changing times
- Improve productivity and problem solving capability
- Improve teamwork and collaboration
- Increase innovation
- Sustain excellence and profitability
IMPACT ON THE REGION:
- Create productive and impactful members of society
- Increase entrepreneurship and create jobs
- Improve economic competitiveness of the region
- Improve overall welfare of the region through improved economic conditions
Who should apply for the LN Class of 2019?
Leadership Niagara seeks dynamic and community-minded professionals who live or work in the Niagara Region, Western New York, and Southern Ontario who are ready to
achieve personal and professional transformational leadership.
What will Leadership Niagara participants gain?
Participants will develop a strong peer learning network, an understanding of graduate-level leadership concepts, as well as new insights into the challenges and issues impacting our region. Sessions will provide class members with an opportunity to talk with area experts and thought leaders in economic development, manufacturing, poverty, agribusiness, binational relationship building, education and workforce development, criminal justice and tourism.